The SFN5161T Dual Port 10GbE Server Adapter
combines performance and 10GbE value for data center, enterprise, SMB, high performance computing, and cloud computing environments over installed and new UTP cabling. With triple-speed 10GBASE-T, this dual port server adapter supports asymmetric upgrades. The 10GBASE-T auto-negotiates with 1000BASE-T and 100BASE-TX, and thus servers can be upgraded asynchronously with switches at the other end of the wire. Equipped to handle application loads of multi-core processors, this adapter also delivers power efficiency for the consolidation and deployment of high-density servers. It supports data networking with concurrent support of iSCSI and NAS traffic, while providing high-performance network input/output.
- The SFN5161T dual port 10GBASE-T server adapter delivers low latency along with full 40 Gb/s bi-directional line-rate performance. Featuring a rich set of stateless offloads, it provides efficient acceleration of network protocol tasks.
- 10GBASE-T PHY Technology
- Based on standards-compliant, robust, power-efficient 10GbE controller and 10GBASE-T PHY technology, the SFN5161T server adapter enhances performance for applications.
- Scalable, Hardware-Assisted Virtualization
- This server adapter is designed to optimize virtualized application performance and maximize the use of network resources. With additional vNICs and virtual PCIe functions, input/output performance scales as the number of CPU cores and virtual machines increase, resulting in enhanced application performance.
The server adapter accelerates guest applications in hypervisors, supporting NetQueue and VMQ in VMware and Hyper-V, and SR-IOV in KVM and XenServer. It eliminates network input/output barriers in virtualized environments, allowing IT managers to allocate full network resources directly to virtualized applications. The adapter enhances performance with low CPU utilization in virtualized servers.
- Energy Efficient
- The server adapter consumes less than 13W of power, delivering 5x to 10x the efficiency of 1G Ethernet (Gb/s/W). This results in a power efficient 10G network, saving operating costs for data centers. In addition, the server adapter is compatible with the ENERGY STAR guideline for power consumption.